A super quick blog tutorial, written from my iPhone whilst watching Britain’s Got Talent! I will go back later to add the nicely staged “after” photo and links to products when I’ve got more time … Happy Easter!!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Vintage Rocks Chalky Paint
- Vintage Rocks Finishing Cream
- Vintage Rocks Metallic Flakes
- A double-wall piece of cardboard
- Cocktail sticks
- Sticky tape
- Small paint brush
WHAT TO DO:
1. Make a holes the fat end of each egg with a cocktail stick
2. Stand the eggs up by sticking the cocktail sticks into your cardboard
3. Paint the eggs with Vintage Rocks Chalky Paint (1-2 coats)
Tip: paint the eggs whilst warm for super fast drying time.
5. Once dry, brush Finishing Cream onto one egg.
6. Roll that egg into some Metallic Flakes.
7. Once all of your eggs have a good coating of Flakes, leave them to dry.
8. Use sticky tape to remove loose layers
Et voila … colourful, gilded eggs, all ready for an Easter display, gift or egg mayo sarnie. I’ll post a photo of what I do with my sparkly eggs tomorrow:)